We were all new to yoga at one time.
Yoga is a continuous practice for your body and mind – there is no perfecting a pose and you never get to the point where you’ve “mastered” your practice. The fact that you are here now considering a yoga practice with us is the first step to taking that journey. We are here to guide you and support you every breath and movement along the way.
We primarily practice Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga, an all-levels heated Vinyasa (flow) Style created by Baron Baptiste. Heat improves circulation and metabolism and strengthens the cardiovascular system. Sweating aids in detoxifying the body and rejuvenates the skin. Additionally, we offer several other types of classes to help you create full self-expression in your practice.
1. Bring your mat (not required for dance), towel and water. Mats and towels are available to rent if needed.
2. Arrive early. Getting to class ten minutes early can help you settle in.
3. Please remove shoes upon entering reception area. There are shoe cubbies as soon as you enter Be.
4. If you are attending a dance class no street shoes can be worn on dance floor. You may wear dance shoes or go barefoot.
5. Sign in at the front desk prior to setting up your mat in the studio.
6. Door locks 5 minutes into class. This ensures your own safety and avoids disrupting the students and teacher of the class in progress.
7. Make a habit of silencing your cell phone. Do this as soon as you get to the studio. It can be very shocking when you are enjoying a quiet Savasana or in cool down dance stretch to be startled by a ringing cell phone.
8. Drink lots of water, before and after class. Our yoga classes are in a warm room, and this will make you sweat. Even if you are not practicing in a warm room, you will practice poses that cleanse the lymphatic and immune systems. It is a good idea to replenish the body with lots of water after a yoga practice.
9. Avoid eating two hours prior to yoga or dance class. Practicing on a full stomach may result in cramps, nausea and you may feel lethargic before or during class.
10. We ask that you stay for the entire class (this includes Savasana). If you have a special circumstance, let the instructor know before class begins.
11. Communicate with instructor any injuries or special needs before class.
12. Arrive clean and free of scents that might distract yourself or others.
13. Always work at your own pace and listen to your body. Your body will communicate with you if you listen. Practice your truth by paying attention and doing what is right and true for you on a given day.
14. Stay home if your feeling ill
15. Please wash your hands before and after class for hygeine as well as safety reasons.